Why do so many people want to immigrate to Canada? We find there are two main reasons.
- Firstly, Canada might be the best country to live in and there are objective reasons to believe so. Canada is consistently ranked at the top of the UN’s Human Development Reports, including:
- Canada has a very good economy, a low level of unemployment and a good GDP per capita
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees all Canadian residents a very high level of human rights and freedoms
- According to the Global Peace Index rankings, Canada ranks at #8 in 2009 and at #14 in 2010 of the most peaceful countries in the world
- Canadians enjoy an extremely good healthcare system and world-class education
- Secondly, Canada welcomes immigrants from all over the world. Indeed, Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world, and it relies on immigration for its sustained economic growth. It is easy to immigrate to Canada not only for its immigration policy but because all cultures and all religions are respected (to a certain extent, Canadians are ready to modify their laws to make it easier for immigrants from various backgrounds). Moreover, Canada is so big and has so many natural resources that there is plenty of room for everyone!
Although I am a French citizen and France is also rightly considered one of the nicest countries to live in, I am very happy to have chosen to live in Canada!
Photo Credit: Unsplash